- Category: Kasama
- Created on Friday, 07 December 2012 12:55
- Written by eric ribellarsi
Kasama began as a simple blog in December 2007, publishing Nine Letters to Our Comrades, and initiating a conversation over how to overcome two great absences: the absence of a revolutionary movement and organization, and the absence of a revolutionary strategy.
Five years and 5.6 million unique page views later, Kasama has developed an organizational network separate from this website, along with projects and collectives of many kinds and unities throughout the country.
Just after our five year anniversary, we will be launching a new, completely re-vamped site. Kasama has long out-grown the simple blog format, and it is time to experiment with something new.
It will launch as a beta, and some things will still be a work in progress. The old Kasama site will continueto live on archive.kasamaproject.org. The new Kasama site will revolve around three distinct spheres, aimed at contributing to the reconception of communist theory and strategy, and the regroupment of revolutionaries into future serious revolutionary organization:
1. Kasama Main: A radically redesigned magazine style communist publication that will both be more fun to read, and will aim at featuring higher levels of discussion and debate.
2. Kasama Threads: An open blogging platform aiming to allow participants on the Kasama site to do their own blogging and participation, while at the same time fostering the culture of principled and comradely struggle that has come to characterize Kasama.
3. Kasama Social: An independent revolutionary social network built into all aspects of the site, aiming to allow networking, parallel communication, real-time chat, a platform for study groups and organizing, and a lot more. It’s like communist facebook. We’ll also be looking at ways to have integration with existing social networks in ways the protect security.
To make all of this happen, we’ll need a new layer of moderators, authors, participants, contributors, and donors (shit is seriously expensive, total costs were about $8,000 plus $2,000 a year for our server). Hit us up and volunteer. Hit that donate button in the top right corner.
In the meantime, the current Kasama site will be slowing down as we prepare for launch.
Here we go! Lal salaam.